Terms and conditions
Enrolment terms and conditions
- You understand that the rate of payment of your fees is independent of the rate at which you work through the study units. In addition, all fees must be paid in full before you complete your course and before a College Diploma/FETAC Certificate can be awarded to you.
- There is a limited time in which to complete your course. The time limit for each Kilroy's College Diploma course is 12 months from date of enrolment. Within this time you can work at your own pace. If you fail to complete your studies within this 12 month period requests will be considered, at the discretion of the Director of Studies, to extend your course by a maximum of 12 weeks and a re-activation charge of €75 will be applied to your account at that time.
- The time limit for each QQI course is 12 weeks from official start date of course.
- In accordance with professional practice, tuition fees are strictly non-refundable. However, you are entitled to cancel a course if you contact the College in writing within 10 calendar days of the date of enrolment. You will be refunded your tuition fee less an administration charge of €75 per course.
- Consideration will be given to requests, after 10 calendar days from date of enrolment, to transfer between courses only when the College is notified in writing. You will be required to pay a fee for any transfer made. This includes an administrative fee of €75, plus a course fee to be calculated at the time of transfer. This course fee will be based on the difference between the new course fee and the amount of work completed from your original enrolment.
- All course materials are the copyright of Kilroy's College and may not be used by anyone other than the enrolled student. You may not sell, lend or give these materials to anyone else or allow them to be copied or used by any person for the purpose of study or any purpose whatsoever.
- In consideration of receipt by us of the course fee, we grant to the student a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for you to use the Course Materials for the sole purpose of non-commercial home or work use. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, the student may not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any of the Course Materials. Any use of the Course Materials not expressly permitted in these Terms is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of our copyright or our other intellectual property rights, and/or the copyright or other intellectual property rights of our licensors. Please note that Kilroy's College will not allow students to transfer or resell a purchased course, to another person.
Notice for Leaving Certificate external candidates or studying extra subject
- If you do not attend secondary school and plan sitting the Leaving Certificate, you must register as an external student with the State Examination Commission online www.examinations.ie in January prior to the date of examination.
- If you are attending a secondary school and studying an extra subject, you must ensure that the school has registered you for that extra subject.
Attendance Classes Terms & Conditions
1-Day Garda Recruitment test preparation workshop - Terms and Conditions
By enrolling and participating in the 1-Day Garda Recruitment test preparation workshop (the "Course") offered by Kilroy's College ("us", "we", "our"), its servants, agents and/or affiliates, you indicate you're understanding of, and your agreement to be bound by, the following terms and conditions:
- All Course places are filled on a first-come-first-served basis, on receipt of full Course fee payment.
- All Course fees must be paid in full before Course commencement date.
- It is entirely the responsibility of you, the candidate, to ensure that you have applied correctly for the Garda Recruitment process through www.publicjobs.ie
- It is entirely the responsibility of you, the candidate, to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the Public Appointments Service.
- It is entirely the responsibility of you, the candidate, to ensure that you make your application to Public Appointments Service within their specified registration times.
- Kilroy's College have no affiliation with the Public Appointments Service. It is the Public Appointments Service who run the Garda recruitment process in behalf of the Garda Commissioner and the Minister for Justice and Equality.
2. Booking Cancellation
- Course fees are non-refundable except where a Course fails to run or where the correct cancellation notice has been given.
- Course fees are not refundable after commencement of the Course except as outlined herein.
- If you need to cancel your participation in a Course, you are required to notify us prior to Course commencement date. Cancellation prior to the commencement of the course will receive a full refund minus a €75 administration fee. No refund will be issued to cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event of you, the candidate, wishing to switch your booking to an alternative date, you must notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) more than 7 days prior to the commencement of the course. Every effort will be made on our behalf to accommodate your request. However, this will be subject to availability.
3. Course Cancellation
- We reserve the right to cancel Courses in case of circumstances beyond our control (death, injury, extreme weather conditions etc.). Where a Course is cancelled prior to Course commencement date, Course fees paid will be refunded in full and/or every effort will be made to accommodate students at a future date.
- You will not be charged for any Course classes that are cancelled by us. However, you are responsible for ensuring that you attend the Course and you will not be refunded the cost of the Course that you are absent from.
- We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property.
- Our total liability for claims arising from a contractual relationship with you in any way related to the Course shall be limited to the fees paid by you to us for that Course. In no event shall we be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of earnings or profit.
- You are responsible for any damage you may cause to persons or property while participating in a Course.
- We reserve the right to change, without notice, the content, date, time or any other detail of a Course as a result of any political event, natural disaster, weather or any other event outside of the control of Kilroy's College.
5. Governing Law
- The terms and conditions shall for all purposes be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
- Any dispute arising out of or related to the terms and conditions shall be resolved amicably.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Updated terms and conditions will be uploaded to the website. You are advised to visit the website periodically to keep up to date with any changes in our terms and conditions.